The Best Place To Buy Or Sell Your Canal Boat.
DescriptionJoan is a 70ft steel narrowboat and has been extensively renovated and modernized since purchase, making it a perfect liveaboard for new boaters in and around London.
Joan’s layout is open plan and as functional as possible being mindful of both storage space and adaptability. She is very spacious and at 6'4" in height much higher than many narrow boats out there.
The boat was last removed from the water for blacking in October 2019, engine serviced in August 2019 and surveyed in March 2020. I am happy to share the survey with any prospective buyers.
- At the front of the boat is a large bow area where you can sit with roughly 6 people and watch the world go by. At the front of the bow is a gas storage chamber where two gas bottles are stored.
- As you enter the boat through the doors there is some shelving where jackets, shoes and books can be stored. The step pulls out in order to give access to a large area for further storage, where you can also access the 500 litre water tank.
- In the main living area there is a sizeable fitted couch that is modular in design and can be used as a second double bed or an expanded couch. Underneath the couch there is also additional storage.
- The stove in the main living area is a Morso Squirrel and provides ample heat when needed.
- A 12V car stereo with 2 speakers can play music through any Bluetooth device.
- The kitchen area includes a 4 hob stove and oven, an LEC 12v (efficient!) fridge with box freezer, and plenty of storage for pots, pans and food. You can monitor the batteries housed in the engine room through a battery monitor in the kitchen so you can easily keep an eye on power usage.
- Joan has two side hatches on each side of the boat, making it very bright and airy on warm summer days.
- In the bathroom there is a compost toilet with an extractor fan. There is also a small bath and shower heated by a gas water heater, a sink unit with storage underneath and large mirror.
- The bedroom features a king-sized bed that is raised quite high from the ground. Underneath the bed there are two wheeled storage bins the length of the bed that can be pulled out for easy access providing a lot of storage. Additionally, there is a clothes rail and a little bedside table. There is also a converted gas bottle stove in the bedroom that quickly heats up.
Engine and power
- The engine room houses a Lister SR3 105 and is spacious with plenty of storage for fuel or many no daily use items.
- The large 675AH domestic 12v battery bank with deep cycle trojan T105 batteries is housed in the engine room with a large 3 panel solar array provides ample energy in the summer and the alternator connected to the Lister Engine provides top up power during winter months.
- Bikes can be securely locked to the rear of the boat.
- Built 1978, steel construction
- Engine Lister SR3 105
- 500L water tank (fitted summer 2019)
- 675AH domestic 12v battery bank with deep cycle trojan T105 batteries (batteries purchased 2019) charged by
- 3 x 220w solar panels on the roof
- water is heated using Rinnai BU150 gas water heater
- 240v sockets throughout the boat, with a switch for the inverter in the bedroom area
- 2 x 12v sockets in the living room area and 4 x double USB ports provide low energy options
- Low powered LED lighting throughout the boat
Delivery notesContact for more info and viewings (currently in North East London):
Contact notesEmail Lenadiesch@googlemail.com
Mobile is 00491624900760
|Price:||£44000 Offers Considered|
If this item is sold please tell us!
Report listing as sold
Occasionally, listings can remain on our website even when sold, if the owner forgets to tell us.
If you have been in contact with the owner and know this item is sold, then please use the form below to tell us.